Bill Summary for H 927 (2021-2022)
|View NCGA Bill Details||2021|
AN ACT TO APPROPRIATE FUNDS FOR VARIOUS LAND CONSERVATION AND ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION PURPOSES IN WESTERN NORTH CAROLINA.Intro. by Moffitt.
|View: All Summaries for Bill||Tracking:|
Appropriates $4.75 million in recurring funds from the General Fund to the Department of Agriculture for the 2021-2022 fiscal year for the following:
(1) Allocating $4 million for the Agriculture Cost Share Program (G.S. 106-850);
(2) Allocating $500,000 for the Community Conservation Assistance Program (General statutes Chapter 106, Article 73); and
(3) Allocating $250,000 to the North Carolina Forest Service to support hemlock restoration programs.
Appropriates $570,000 in recurring funds from the General Fund to the Department of Environmental Quality for the 2021-2022 fiscal year for the following:
(1) Allocating $370,000 to continue four positions supporting the Landslide Mapping Program; and
(2) Allocating $200,000 to restart the Waste Detection Elimination (WaDE) Program.
Appropriates $10 million in recurring funds from the General Fund to the Department of Natural and Cultural Resources for the 2021-2022 fiscal year to be allocated to the Land and Water Fund (General Statutes Chapter 143B, Part 41) for conservation easements protecting open spaces, view sheds, and water quality in Cleveland, Burke, Caldwell, Wilkes, and Alleghany counties and all counties west of these counties.
Appropriates $825,000 in non-recurring funds from the General Fund to the Parks and Recreation Trust Fund (GS 143B-135.56) for the 2021-2022 fiscal year for the following, specifying that there is no match required for these projects:
(1) Allocating $150,000 to Watauga County for the Watauga River Paddle Trail;
(2) Allocating $200,000 to the Town of Bryson City to implement the existing River Park Plan developed by the Tuckasegee River Alliance;
(3) Allocating $125,000 to the Town of Andrews for development of new public access points for paddlers and signage on the Valley River;
(4) Allocating $150,000 to the City of Shelby to develop a public fishing and boating access site on First Broad River; and
(5) Allocating $200,000 to Blue Ridge Resource Conservation and Development to develop a river access point and related related stream restoration activities for the Creekwalk in the Town of Bakersville.
Appropriates $100,000 in non-recurring funds from the General Fund to the Land and Water Fund for the 2021-2022 fiscal year to provide a grant to Blue Ridge Resource Conservation and Development as matching funds for removal of the Ward’s Mill Dam on the Watauga River.
Appropriates $150,000 in non-recurring funds from the General Fund to the Wildlife Resources Commission (Commission) for the 2021-2022 fiscal year for improvements to public access to recreational areas on the Green River Game Lands in Henderson County. Requires the Commission to consult with the Green River Access Fund for these improvements.
Effective July 1, 2021.