Bill Summaries: all (2021)

  • Summary date: Apr 12 2021 - View summary

    Amends GS 105-187.19 to require the Secretary of Revenue to quarterly credit 20% of the net proceeds from the scrap tire disposal tax to the General Fund, and distribute the remaining 80% among the counties on a per capita basis (was, 30% credited to the General Fund and 70% distributed to the counties).

    Appropriates $420,000 in recurring funds from the General Fund to the Department of Environmental Quality for 2021-22 to be allocated to the Scrap Tire Disposal Account and used by the Department to clean up scrap tire collection sites that the Department has determined are a nuisance, as authorized in GS 130A-309.64(d).

    Effective July 1, 2021.