Provides that when the House and Senate adjourn on the date this resolution is ratified, they stand adjourned to reconvene as provided in Resolution 2017-12 (Adjournment Resolution).
Amends Resolution 2017-12, as previously amended, as follows. Provides that when the House and Senate jointly adjourn the session convened on August 18, 2017, they stand adjourned to reconvene at noon on Wednesday, October 4, 2017. Limits the matters that may be considered during the reconvened session to the following:
- Bills revising the judicial divisions of the State, the superior court districts, the district court districts, and the prosecutorial districts and the apportionment of judges and district attorneys among those districts and containing no other matter.
- Bills revising districts for cities, counties, and other political subdivisions of the State and the apportionment of elected officials among those districts and containing no other matter.
- Bills revising Senate districts and the apportionment of Senators among those districts and containing no other matter.
- Bills revising the Representative districts and the apportionment of Representatives among those districts and containing no other matter.
- Bills amending the constitution.
- Bills vetoed by the governor, solely for the purpose of considering overriding the veto upon reconsideration.
- Bills providing for selection, appointment, or confirmation.
- Bills providing for action on gubernatorial nominations or appointments.
- Bills for impeachment.
- Bills concerning redistricting litigation or any other litigation challenging the legality of legislative enactments.
- Bills returned on or after Wednesday, June 28, 2017, to the house in which the bill originated for concurrence.
- Adoption of conference reports for bills which were in conference on or after June 28, 2017, and conferees had been appointed by both houses on or after that date.
- Bills relating to election laws.
- Bills making technical corrections to SL 2017-57 (Appropriations Act of 2017), SL 2017-119 (Disaster Recovery Act of 2017), or both.
- Local bills having passed third reading in the house in which introduced, received in the other house in accordance with crossover deadlines set out in Senate Rule 41 or House Rule 31.1(h), as appropriate, and not disposed of in the other house by tabling, unfavorable committee report, indefinite postponement, or failure to pass any reading, and which do not violate the rules of the receiving house.
- A joint resolution further adjourning the 2017 Regular Session or amending a joint resolution adjourning the 2017 Regular Session to a date certain.
When the House and Senate jointly adjourn the session convened on Wednesday, October 4, 2017, they stand adjourned to reconvene on Wednesday, May 16, 2018, at noon. Matters that may be considered during the reconvened session on May 16 remain as set forth in Resolution 2017-12.
Bill S 692 (2017-2018)Summary date: Aug 30 2017 - View summary