Bill Summary for H 335 (2021-2022)
|View NCGA Bill Details||2021|
AN ACT TO REVISE REQUIREMENTS REGARDING THE TRANSFER OF FUNDS FROM A LOCAL SCHOOL ADMINISTRATIVE UNIT TO A CHARTER SCHOOL TO INCENTIVIZE THE TIMELY TRANSFER OF FUNDS.Intro. by Bradford, Riddell, Hardister, Saine.
|View: All Summaries for Bill||Tracking:|
Senate committee substitute to the 4th edition amends the bill as follows:
(1) Makes the 5% late fee in G.S. 115C-218.105 applicable to the full amount (as opposed to the undisputed amount) of the per pupil share of the local current expense fund not transferred to charter schools within 15 days;
(2) Adds the provision that local school administrative units are not subject to late fees and interest on the per pupil share of the local current expenditure fund charter schools are not entitled to under GS 115C-218.105(c) or on the per pupil share of the local current expenditure fund for students whose information on the enrollment verification and transfer request documentation is materially incorrect;
(3) Clarifies that the local school administrative unit has an additional 30 days to transfer the per pupil share of the local current expenditure fund in any month in which a charter school fails to provide the required information in the enrollment verification and transfer request documentation;
(4) Adds date of charter enrollment, date of charter withdrawal, and district of residence to the information required in the charter enrollment and transfer request documentation; and
(5) Adds a provision expressly permitting local school administrative units to delay the transfer of disputed amounts of the per pupil share of the local current expenditure fund requested by charter schools.