Requires the UNC Board of Governors to study and report on the feasibility of establishing a school of optometry at one or more the following institutions:
(1) The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
(2) East Carolina University
(3) Elizabeth City State University
(4) Fayetteville State University
(5) North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University
(6) North Carolina Central University
(7) Winston-Salem State University
The report is to be submitted, by December 1, 2014, to the Joint Legislative Oversight Committee on Health and Human Services and the Fiscal Research Division. The report must include (1) a breakdown of expenditures for establishing and operating a school of optometry, (2) a breakdown of all funds available to assist the institution with these expenses, and (3) the projected number of applicants for the affiliated school of optometry.
Encourages the NC Independent Colleges and Universities, Inc. to make the same report.
Bill H 1066 (2013-2014)Summary date: May 14 2014 - View summary